Thursday, September 8, 2011

Aunt Amy's Birthday Cake

This is a great cake recipe. It's simple to make, delicious and versatile- great for any occasion! My Aunt Amy makes this cake for her oldest son on his birthday every year and she was gracious enough to share it with me. I made this cake for my oldest son for his 9th birthday last weekend. It was a favorite with all the kids at the party. I think you'll enjoy it too! I want to apologize, there will be no pictures with the recipe this week. The Internet on my computer is down right now and my only Internet access is my smart phone and I haven't yet figured out how to upload pictures from it yet.

Recipe:
1 devil's food cake mix
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup water
2 eggs
1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Set aside 1 cup of the chocolate chips for the icing. Use the oil for coating the bottom and sides of the cake pan.

Mix cake mix, chocolate pudding, water, eggs, and remainder of chocolate chips together on medium speed for two minutes. Pour into oil coated pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Partially cool cake before icing.

Icing:
5 tbsp butter
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk

Melt ingredients and bring to a boil while stirring. Boil 1 minute and remove from heat. Add the cup of chocolate chips and stir until melted and blended. Pour over cake. Let cool before serving.

This cake is perfect paired with vanilla ice cream and toppings. Like I said before, it's a favorite among kids. Try it at your next gathering!
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment