Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cappuccino Muffins with Coffee Cream Cheese Spread

 
CAPPUCCINO MUFFINS
WITH COFFEE CREAM CHEESE SPREAD
 
 
 
 
 
I got this recipe out of my electric company's monthly newspaper of all places. My husband and I are huge coffee fans, so I gave this recipe a shot. These muffins are a coffee lovers dream!
 
 
Muffin Recipe:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup 2% or whole milk
2 tbsp. instant coffee granules (regular or decaf)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 tbsp. vanilla
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
 
 

Combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In another bowl, stir coffee into milk until dissolved. Add butter, egg and vanilla to coffee mixture; mix well. Pour into dry ingredients. Stir until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. If making miniature muffins, reduce baking time to 12-15 minutes. Let cool and top with Coffee Cream Cheese Spread. Makes a dozen regular-sized muffins.


Coffee Cream Cheese Spread Recipe:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (regular or fat-free), softened
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. instant coffee granules (regular or decaf)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients and beat well. Refrigerate until ready to use. (Spread can also be served with bagels.)



Since my kids would be eating them also, I used decaf coffee granules and fat-free cream cheese to make it more calorie friendly for me.

Enjoy!

1 comment: